Sunday, March 24, 2013
#Bloggiesta: Finish Line
Here's the condensed version of my original to-do list:
(1) Find a new feed reader to replace Google Reader. - I did, and it's Bloglovin'. (For now. I still need more time to play with it.)
(2) Finish sidebar buttons for labels and clean up miscellaneous labels. - Done!
(3) Add at least 20 grab buttons to my blogroll page. - Done! I think the final tally was just over two dozen, not to mention all the links I added to the alphabetical list!
(4) Participate in as many mini-challenges as possible. - I completed 5! Well, technically my last one will be complete tomorrow when the post goes live... These are the challenges I completed:
- Feed Readers
- Through a Visitor's Eyes
- Declutter Your Sidebar
- Jump Start Your Traffic With StumbleUpon
- Getting to Know You (my post goes live tomorrow!)
(5) Update my Review Archive. - Done! I lucked out because I had forgotten that I did this at the beginning of last month, haha!
(6) Visit all blogs participating and follow new-to-me blogs across all the social networks available. - Done... I think. There were so many and I did my best to keep up with you all!!
Here are some additional tasks I worked on that didn't make my original list:
(1) I updated my sharing buttons for my posts via Share This so that they are where I actually want them to appear in the post. I also added several options. This proved to be MUCH more tedious than I thought it would be because I couldn't just use the widget provided -- I had to use the code for a general website. Now that I know that, if I ever have to fix them, it should be easy!
(2) I backed up my blog! I can't remember the last time I did this -- pretty sure it was before I converted to the new Blogger interface *hangs head in shame*. I also backed it up to Wordpress for the time being. I thought that I had done that before, but there was nothing there. Hopefully it sticks this time!
(3) Finally, I added a subscribe by email option. I may continue to play with this. Right now, it uses my Feedburner feed, but I am thinking about switching to something else. (Besides, didn't I hear at one time Feedburner was going away??)
So there you have it! There are still lots of little things I need to continue doing or improve upon, but this weekend went a long way towards achieving some important goals!