And to think I nearly missed it, yet again! Good thing I hopped on Twitter tonight and saw the tweets. Admittedly, there isn't a TON that I want to do to my blog right now because I did spend a lot of time a few weeks ago cleaning up my sidebars and moving my Blogroll to a page that links from the navbar on my blog. But in the spirit of blog improvement and Bloggiesta, here's a brief to-do list that I want to try to accomplish over the weekend...
(1) Find a new feed reader since I just learned that Google Reader is going away. (Feedly is the first one that I will be investigating.)FYI - after a couple of minutes playing with both Feedly and Bloglovin', it was a no-brainer for me to choose Bloglovin'. I still need to work with it some more, but I infinitely prefer this interface vs. Feedly. I was able to import my Google Reader blogs (it was a piece of cake!) and now I'm going to work on tweaking all of my settings. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.
(2) Finish the buttons for my sidebar for books read in 2009, 2010, and so on, rather than having those years in the miscellaneous labels list. I also need to re-do the one for the two thriller categories I currently have and combine them into just Suspense/Thriller. Should be relatively easy!
(3) Add at least 20 more grab buttons and blogs to my blog roll (10 on Saturday and 10 on Sunday). I know there are a lot of you out there with buttons that I don't yet have, so I will find you!
(4) Visit as many of the Bloggiesta Mini Challenges as possible and participate! It's always great to learn tips from other successful bloggers!The last challenge I needed to complete is done... My "Getting To Know You" post is scheduled for tomorrow, since I've been Bloggiesta-ing so much I haven't read the book I intended to review for Mystery Mondays, haha!
(5) Update my Review (Alpha by Author) Archive.
(6) Visit all the blogs participating in Bloggiesta and follow all the new book blogs I come across via various social networking links offered (Facebook pages, Twitter, Goodreads, Pinterest, etc.)Done! Whew! :-)
There you have it. Perhaps it is not an overly ambitious list, but it is probably all I feel comfortable committing to this weekend at the last minute, haha! Happy Bloggiesta!!!!